Bactenix® V60 is a standard activity* antimicrobial containing Penicillin. It is effective against a wide range of gram positive bacteria that commonly infect fuel ethanol fermentations.
- Active ingredient: Penicillin G Procaine (veterinary grade)
- Activity per pound: Not Less Than Average 776 IU
- Inert Ingredient: Dextrose
- *Standard activity is based on LBDS’ research and quality assurance testing indicating if the product is used at the recommended use rate, the stated activity is adequate to inhibit commonly occurring bacteria specifically L. fermentum and L. brevis both industry isolated and ATCC.
Bactenix® V60 should be used:
- When there is a suspected Lactobacillus or gram positive infection.
- When there are unusually high lactic acid levels.
- As a precautionary measure against crop change during harvest.
- If the fermentation cycle must be slowed due to mechanical or utility failure.
- When yeast fermentation is interrupted or slowed for a long period of time.
- As a preventative maintenance dose to circumvent negative variables often unforeseen.
View SDS Sheet (PDF)