When originally founded in the early 20th century in Montréal (Canada), Lallemand’s focus was to supply fresh baker’s yeast to the local market. In the early 1970’s, Lallemand turned its expertise to manufacture strains specifically for the fermented beverages and alcohol industries. This was the beginning of what has become Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits, which is one of the world’s leaders in the supply of yeast, bacteria and yeast derivatives to the fermented beverage, animal and human nutrition industries.
Lallemand produces its yeasts at plants in North America, Europe and South Africa. Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits is the marketing and distribution arm of the Specialty Division to the worldwide fuel ethanol and distilling industries. It uses a network of refrigerated (for fresh yeast) and other warehouses to serve its customers.
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits’ products for the Distilled Beverage producers include:
- Fresh yeast, including a variety of strains developed to meet a wide range of customer needs in the beverage alcohol industry
- Active dry yeast, many of which are proprietary strains developed for specific fermentation processes
- Yeast nutrients designed to deliver the correct nutrient balance for optimal growth and productivity in cases where the fermentation milieu is lacking critical components
- Enzymes to break down starch into fermentable sugars
- Bacteria for sour spirits production
For more information or to order LBDS Distilled Spirits products, call 1-800-583-6484.
Visit Our New Craft Distilling Web Site
2019 Alcohol School Extra Credit
September 10-11, 2019
Learn more about our educational programs by clicking here
Distilled spirits production, distilled spirits fermentation, distilled spirits yeast, distilled spirits yeast nutrients